- Afiaanyi.com owns and operates a platform in Nigeria that allows merchants to sell their products to the public over the internet. This platform is currently provided on the website www.afiaanyi.com, and also provided on Android and IOS Store.
- The merchant will have the opportunity to sell their products on the Afiaanyi.com platforms. Afiaanyi.com is entitled to accept purchases on behalf of the seller. The service provided by Afiaanyi.com is limited to referring customers to the merchant and accepting orders and payments on their behalf, and also ensuring purchased items and safely delivered to buyer’s address, using our logistic partners. In addition to this at Afiaanyi.com discretion they may provide the merchant with analytics about the performance of the merchants’ products and additional marketing support. This support may be reflective of the agreed level of commission.
- The merchant authorizes Afiaanyi.com to accept binding orders from customers on their behalf.
- Afiaanyi.com may carry out changes on the website or service, or suspend the service, without notice.
Afiaanyi.com rights and obligations
- Afiaanyi.com will present on the website the products listed by the seller. The merchant will be responsible for listing their own products.
- Afiaanyi.com is authorised to accept binding sales on behalf of the merchant and will be careful to pass order data on to the merchant as well as technology allows.
- In order to maintain its reputation for quality and high standard of service, Afiaanyi.com reserves the right to terminate the relationship with the merchant if the merchant repeatedly receives bad reviews or complaints, or fails to comply with our recommendations.
Merchant’s rights and obligations
- The merchant is obliged to provide all the information necessary when listing a product on afiaanyi.com. This should include but is not limited to, a detailed title and sub-title, price, quantity, picture and description. The merchant must never knowingly deceive a potential customer by misrepresenting their product(s). The merchant must notify Afiaanyi.com of any changes to the detail of their listings while uploaded on the site.
- The merchant guarantees that information listed on Afiaanyi.com relating to his products satisfies all legal requirements, and in particular satisfies information requirements for consumer protection.
- The merchant will be responsible for keeping an up-to-date inventory of all their products listed on Afiaanyi.com
- The merchant guarantees that the information provided by him does not violate any third party’s copyright and merchant shall be liable.
- The merchant shall not contact the customer/buyer for processing the transactions referred by Afiaanyi.com In particular, the merchant will not send any advertising email or other commercial advertisements to the customer without prior agreement from Afiaanyi.com, In the course of sending newsletters or products to customers via email or any other means, the merchant shall not advertise any of Afiaanyi.com competitors.
- The merchant shall drop orders below 50kg at our pick up center nearest to the merchant, while Afiaanyi.com logistic partners will be responsible for picking orders above 50kg from merchant’s address and arrange delivery with all reasonable care, the moment receipt of confirmation of sale is received through the Afiaanyi.com site via email. The delivery options and time indicated on their listing is binding, orders shall be fulfilled within 1 working day. The merchant is required to keep his advertised products and services available to the best of his ability. Repeated stock-outs will result in the removal of the merchant and all their products from the Afiaanyi.com platforms.
- If the merchant cannot fulfill an order submitted to him, he must notify Afiaanyi.com as soon as possible, and within 2 hours of receiving the order at the latest.
- The merchant agrees to adhere to his range of products and prices as provided to Afiaanyi.com and as described on their listing on the website. The merchant guarantees that there is no ongoing criminal, bankruptcy or tax proceedings or other penalties outstanding in relation to the products they are selling through the Afiaanyi.com platform. The merchant further guarantees to take great care to keep up-to- date his range of products, stock count, prices and associated terms and conditions.
- The merchant representative is to provide Afiaanyi.com with a copy of his/her valid Identity Card at the contract signature.
- The merchant agrees to pay Afiaanyi.com a fixed percentage commission on the gross revenue from their sales made through the Afiaanyi.com platform. Depending on the category it may be appropriate to agree different commission percentages for certain items or product categories.
- com may start charging additional fees for the sale of goods through the Afiaanyi.com platform at any point. These may include but are not limited to, listing fees, multiple photos fees and enhanced marketing fees. In the event of the introduction of further fees, the merchant will be notified prior to their commencement in writing and they will have the option to opt out.
- Afiaanyi.com reserves the right to adjust the percentage commission, providing suitable notice is served in advance to the merchant. Afiaanyi.com will give the merchant adequate notice of any commission changes, in writing. This does not cover adjustments that constitute a material change of the contract terms, which would require an additional agreement on the change.
- Afiaanyi.com platforms only accepts payment by credit card or debit card for all transactions.
- The merchant shall keep vouchers of orders successfully supplied to customers on Afiaanyi.com platforms for at least 12 months and make those available on request for reconciliation. In case of problems that may cause orders to be rescinded, or in case of a delivery failure, Afiaanyi.com shall immediately notify merchant by phone call and return process initiated at the merchant’s expense.
Invoicing and merchant payment
- Afiaanyi.com shall deduct commissions for successful transactions on Afiaanyi.com
- Afiaanyi.com is to pay merchant for orders confirmed and successfully delivered to the buyer by the 5th day, after the 3days free return policy of Afiaanyi.com, unless there are disputes/clarifications needed which have to be conveyed to the merchant in writing within the allocated 5 days.
- In case the merchant receives the payment of sold products/services on afiaanyi.com directly, supplier is bound to pay the agreed commission to Afiaanyi.com in 5 days of receiving statement each month.
- Payments would be made by bank cross cheque payable to merchant.
Return and Exchange Policy
- Afiaanyi.com will accept for return or exchange of items as follows;
- Substandard products, Products still in its new condition, Unworn, Unaltered, Free from damages by the customer/buyer.
- Customer/buyer must mail out complain on item within 3days from the receipt of original order, for a full refund or exchange.
- Items cannot be returned after 3days from the receipt of original order.
- For every returned substandard items and shipment of not exact order, the merchant shall bear the cost of all logistics before getting back its items/products.
- Items/products must be returned with all merchant’s tag, item seal and original packaging still in good condition.
- Items/products for exchange shall be made available for shipment within 12hours from the receipt of returned products/items.
Limitation of Liability
- Afiaanyi.com shall not be liable for any act of the merchant or for merchant’s obligations to its products listed on any Afiaanyi.com platform nor shall it be liable for the merchant’s lawful debts or to any third parties.
- com cannot guarantee that its service will be free from all malfunctions, but will exercise all reasonable care and skill to resolve any such case.
- VAT liability rests with the merchant and Afiaanyi.com will not be responsible for any VAT issues.
Both parties are obliged to treat confidentially the content of this agreement, as well as all other information and data they acquire in connection with the partnership, and not use it for purposes outside the scope of this contract or pass it on to third parties. This obligation is in force for 2 years after the termination of the contract. Both parties are obliged to follow privacy laws and handle accordingly all data related to customers, suppliers and business partners.
- Afiaanyi.com has the right to freely maintain the merchant’s listing and its ranking on the website. Afiaanyi.com offers customers the opportunity to give ratings and reviews of the merchant’s goods and services on the website, and has the right but not the obligation to publish these online and make them visible to all customers. Afiaanyi.com reserves the right to delete ratings and reviews.
- Afiaanyi.com may scan, transcribe, and publish online the merchant’s listings, logos and other materials required. The merchant grants to Afiaanyi.com a royalty- free, perpetual, unrestricted license to use and distribute any materials provided by him, for the purpose of advertising Afiaanyi.com service. In particular, this includes use in Google AdWords campaigns, domain name registrations and other online marketing and search engine optimization measures.
Terms and termination
- This agreement is valid as soon as the merchant sign up on afiaanyi.com platform, or fulfils an order referred by Afiaanyi.com, and remains valid indefinitely, until termination by either party. Termination can occur at any time, with a period of notice of one month, in writing, by email, post to Afiaanyi.com head office. The revenues generated during this notice period are still subject to the partnership agreement. The right to immediate termination by either party for important cause remains unaffected.
- The right to immediate termination in particular covers the case where the merchant repeatedly receives negative ratings and reviews on the website, and when these are not obviously unjustified. Repeatedly providing misleading information or withholding information required to present the merchant’s items is also grounds for immediate termination. Typos, mistakes and transmission errors are excluded from this, as long as they are not caused with intent or by gross negligence.
- If a single clause in this agreement is invalid, both parties will endeavor to replace the invalid clause by a valid one that reproduces as closely as possible the intended economic meaning of the invalid clause. The validity of the rest of the agreement remains unaffected. This applies in particular if the agreement is found to be incomplete.
- com reserves the right to modify his general terms and conditions without giving any justification. In that case, Afiaanyi.com will give the merchant adequate notice via email. The notice will contain advice on the right and period of objection to the changes, and on the consequences of leaving unexercised the right to object.
- The changed terms and conditions are considered agreed by the merchant if he does not object to them in writing within 7days of receiving notice of the changes.
- Any terms and conditions of the merchant are not part of this agreement unless Afiaanyi.com expressly agrees to adhere to them in writing.